Wednesday, September 26, 2007

US Anglicans Back Down?

This is an interesting story. It's the BBC, granted, but that usually means there is at least a kernel of truth behind the story. I'd be very interested seeing what has happened.

Will it be too little too late? (quite possibly, but hopefully not)

Will the US Anglican church actually return to something resembling Biblical Christianity? (I doubt it, but that's what I'm praying for)

Will it be enough to hold the division over until we can split over something worth splitting on, like the uniqueness of Christ? (failing repentance from the Americans, I think that's the best scenario)

ETA - Ah Mohler, who is usually good on these things, says there's actually no change. I've certainly heard it's the usual evasive wording and so on. In that case, it's not so much a case of "too little too late" as "nothing except window-dressing".

No comments: