I decided it would be useful and interesting to travel around local churches and see what they are like. I'm putting some of my thoughts and impressions online in case anyone finds that useful. Please note that these are only impressions based on one or two services, and might well tell you more about me than about the church. For what it's worth, historically I'm an evangelical with a strong emphasis on Bible teaching and think that singing should be passionate, but am not especially bothered about muscial styles or formality of liturgy. I'm a regular member of St Mary's, Cheadle, which isn't perfect either.
If you disagree with anything I write, or indeed with the idea of me writing this at all, do feel free to let me know via the comments section or via e-mail. An e-mail address that works is firstname.lastname@example.org where "blogname" is the name of this blog.
I'll group the churches by Church of England administrative boundaries - seems as good a way as any!
Oh, and here's a link to a cartoon to do with what I think about churches without websites.
- Cheadle Hulme Methodist Church (morning, 29/05/2005)
- Cheadle Hulme Methodist Church (evening, 15/01/2006)
- St Cuthbert's, Cheadle (C of E)
- St Chad's, Cheadle (RC)
- Bethany Community Church, Gatley
- Trinity Church, Cheadle (Methodist / URC)
- St James, Gatley (C of E)
- St Mary's, Cheadle (C of E), 6:30pm
- All Hallows, Cheadle (C of E)
- St George's, Poynton (C of E)
- St Michael and All Angels, Bramhall (C of E)
- St Gabriel's, Adswood (C of E)
- St Ambrose, Adswood (RC)
- Chelwood Baptist Church, Adswood Road
- St George's, Stockport (C of E)
- St Mark's, Edgeley (C of E)
- St Thomas's, Stockport (C of E)
- St Saviour's, Great Moor (C of E)
- South Manchester Family Church (nf)
- Ivy Cottage, Didsbury
- Holy Trinity, Platt (C of E)
- St James, Didsbury (C of E)