One of the toughest passages in the Bible is the slaughter of the Amalekites in 1 Samuel 15, because it looks as if God is commanding a genocide. Here's a collection of material on it.
- Read the Passage
- What's the Problem?
- Who were the Amalekites?
- How does this fit into the big picture?
- What did God actually command in this passage?
- Was there a way out for the Amalekites?
- Were the Amalekites really wiped out?
- But isn't God a God of love?
Objections that atheists often come up with:
- But this generation of Amalekites weren't guilty!
- What about the children?
- Couldn't God ask Christians to do the same today?
- Here's a paper that I wrote in 2009 on the Amalekite Genocide
- A radio interview I did about it.
- Randal Rauser has posted a long (and critical) article on my appearance here. I'm going to try to respond to him...