Here's a very interesting video clip with Richard Dawkins being "interviewed" on American TV. So many questions spring to mind...
- What kind of dumb programme is that? The host seemed to spend more time high-fiving members of the audience than he did interviewing Dawkins. He (the host, not Dawkins) also appears to be a few cans short of a six-pack.
- What on earth is Dawkins doing appearing on a programme like that, especially when he refuses to debate McGrath? Is he trying to reinforce his stereotypes of Christians as stupid or something? (possibly he's trying to appear intelligent)
- What does it say about the quality of both people when they just stoop to insulting one another?
- I note the programme was on Comedy Central. Were any bits of that funny? (I honestly can't see the humour there...)
- Why does Dawkins say it's not due to random chance? "Darwinian natural selection is the exact opposite of random chance." Ummmm... I thought the mutation had to be random...
- "Nothing in nature looks random" - really, even nuclear decay?
- I'm not sure about the natural / artifical distinction Dawkins makes.
- "That's just so easy. If God is outside time, you can explain anything." Well, quite. What's wrong with being easy?