Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Random Things I Have Learnt

Just a few things I've learnt over the last 24 hours:

  • The Post Office (i.e. the shops rather than Royal Mail), is much worse off for being effectively state-run. I went to the nearest main Post Office yesterday, which is notorious for queues. I arrived 10 mins before it opened, so I was only the 13th in the queue. By the time it opened (5 mins late - real shops open earlier than advertised), I was still 13th, but that was near the front.
  • The Llama Song is funny, but gets repetitive after 20 mins or so.
  • Cheap power tools aren't worth the money. Yesterday, I bid farewell to my electric saw thing. It looked like the blade moved a lot, but it was slower and less efficient than using a hand saw. Oh, and two blades broke cutting through a bit of wood.
Post a Comment