Silly mess with Gillian Gibbons getting jailed for letting her class vote to call the teddy bear Mohammed. The whole thing raises far too many questions...
- Was this the same Gillian Gibbons who was my form tutor when I was 11?
- How does Islam cope with the huge inconsistency in not allowing images of people but allowing a) TV and b) retinas?
- What would they do if we all named our teddy bears / dogs / pigs Mohammed? Not after the "prophet", of course, but after the child who suggested they name the teddy after him?
- Is this finally going to make the Islamists look too stupid for words?
- Do they have photo ID in Muslim countries?
- How many teddies or equiv called Mohammed are there in Muslim countries? I'm guessing at least hundreds, if those kids were happy to call theirs Mohammed.
- Isn't this the sort of thing that the army is for? Aren't British passports meant to help in this?
(NB - the picture on the right is a picture of Mohammed (the famous one), but it was made by a (Persian) Muslim in the 16th century, so it's probably ok). From Wikipedia.