Friday, June 15, 2007

Fashion

I watched a bit of the film The Devil Wears Prada earlier, but I really couldn't get into it. Part of my problem was this: I cannot see the point of fashion. I can see the point of wearing clothes that look clean and/or smart, clothes that show off a figure if there are bits deemed worthy of showing off, clothes of colours that match each other or oneself, and so on.

But I can neither see the point in either the line-drawing that says one set of clothes is unfashionable and another is fashionable, nor understand or sympathise with the stupid herd mentality that seeks to follow what is essentially an arbitrary and pointless line.

What kind of idiot cares if a bag cost £2000 or £200 or £2 if it looks nice and functions well? Except of course that £2 is much better value.

Now, wearing Pravda - that sounds interesting. Newspaper clothes and all. :)

Post a Comment