Saturday, June 03, 2006

Random Pet Hates #17982 - Bills

I really dislike bills. Not the kind that are on ducks, and not because I don't think it's right to pay for services.

The reason that I dislike them is simple - they're pointless. I pay all of them by Direct Debit. I don't need them to post me one piece of paper per service per month to tell me that the money has gone out of my back account - I can see that perfectly well. A few of the many utilities e-mail me notifications. That's better - an e-mail doesn't waste paper, doesn't clutter up the doormat, is much less hassle to recylce and takes about 2 seconds (literally) to read. In fact, I can just look at the "Subject" header and decide not to bother reading it.

If there was a query or something, I'd notice it when looking at my back account, and could e-mail them. I don't need 300 pieces of paper telling me their phone number.

No comments: