Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Pet Hates #3 - Forced to Watch TV

Last time I was in hospital overnight, there was a TV on on the ward I was on. I was really grateful that the other guys in the ward spend a lot of time unconscious, because it meant I could get up and turn it off. Horrible thing. It's hard enough to spend time doing useful stuff anyhow, without mindless and meaningless rubbish blasting out.

On the same note, I don't think prisoners should be allowed TV except for (possibly) stuff like footie matches (and then only if they behave well). Part of the problem is that they have low aspirations, educational levels, etc. And that isn't going to be helped by TV. It might just be helped by education, books, proper games, which teach skills which might actually be useful in life.

No comments: